Full Time Medical Assistant at Nhan Hoa Comprehensive Health Care Clinic: Assists the physicians/nurse practitioners and performs a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. To ensure patient safety and to assist the medical assistant with routine practice of patient care under supervision of physicians and nurse practitioner.
• Takes patient’s vital signs and records them on patient's chart.
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, social history, family history, surgical history, current medications, and confirming purpose of visit (chief complaint). Needs to document in chart any new info at each visit.
• Flags these overdue tests/ preventive services - Write overdue tests and preventive service for provider to do. Enter them under test order in Med-Az.
• Assists physicians and nurse practitioners with initial assessment of patients upon admission and reports changes in patients’ conditions and other matters of concern for immediate resolution.
• Perform pulse oximetry, repeated blood pressure/ heart rate if abnormal, EKG, urine dipstick, urine pregnancy test, PPD skin test, vaccines that were ordered (following standard protocol for Medical assistants procedure) prior to having patient ready to see the doctor/ provider.
• Make a copy of patient’s self-care plan and scan into electronic medical records under patient’s note upon discharging patient.
• Participates in pre-visit preparations (collecting all pre-ordered labs/ tests/ radiology results for provider to review and have these available prior to the next visit).
• Ensures the cleanliness and sanitation of the department, exam rooms, and equipment.
• Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• High School Graduate or GED.
• Medical Assistant Certificate indicating satisfactory completion of training by an accredited or approved institution for medical assistants is required.
• Current First Aid and CPR Certification.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional relationships.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good computer skills, including MS Office, preferred.
• Possesses organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish