High Voltage Electrical Lineman– Fairfield, AL (10332BR)
U.S. Steel is seeking a High Voltage Lineman for its Fairfield Tubular Steel Operations in Fairfield, Alabama. The High Voltage Lineman job requires a trained and experienced individual to continue our success as one of world’s largest steel producers. This position performs electrical maintenance functions necessary to maintain our plant power supply.
• Knowledgeable of MV Switchgear repair
• Knowledgeable of MV and HV Switching in substations and sequence of Switching
• Knowledgeable of MV Breaker repairs and Testing
• Knowledge of HV and MV transformers
• Knowledge of HV and MV transmission lines and pole riggings
• Knowledgeable Electrical Safety around MV and HV equipment
• Knowledgeable of working around 138 KV all the way down to 120 volts.
• Knowledgeable of Protection relays operation and troubleshooting of power distribution system.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- A minimum of 1 year of manufacturing and/or industrial experience (including relevant experience gained in military service) or equivalent education.
- The position is scheduled for day shift, but must be willing to come in at times not normally scheduled to address power interruption
- Must pass assessment test(s)
We invite you to learn more about this position and apply at:
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.