Electrical Maintenance Manager– Fairfield, AL (10242BR)
United States Steel is looking for a Shift Manager – Maintenance that will be responsible for applying engineering principles, troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques to evaluate and make decisions that resolve operational conditions and improve reliability. In addition, this role will supervise, direct, and coordinate efforts of experienced technicians, craftsmen, and project planners to repair and maintain mechanical and/or electrical equipment to maximize operating efficiencies and improve reliability. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively engage teams and promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration through two-way communication and encouraging new ideas and different perspectives that drive individual, team, and company success.
· Directly supervise union employees and work closely with vendors and contactors
· Coordinate, organize, and direct activities of maintenance crews
· Assists workers in diagnosing malfunction in machinery and equipment
· Coordinate repairs and preventative maintenance with a team of mechanical/electrical maintenance staff
· Devise and implement cost saving strategies
· Develop and implement methods and procedures designed to eliminate maintenance problems and improve product quality
· High school diploma or GED required
· Minimum of 5 years work experience with high voltage systems (13.8kv-115kv)
We invite you to learn more about this position and apply at:
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.