Dental Assistant/Assistente Dental
Part Time Dental Assistant at Nhan Hoa Comprehensive Health Care Clinic: The Dental Assistant (DA) assists the dentist in providing dental services to patients at the Clinic. The DA is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
• Assists the dentist in the administration of treatment at the chair side as required or directed by the dentist.
• Prepares materials for making impressions and restorations, exposes radiographs, and processes dental x-ray film as directed by a dentist.
• Maintains a sterile and neat working environment according to current infection control procedures.
• Obtain patient’s health history and document patient’s information in his/her electronic chart.
• Maintains clinical supply inventory.
• Reviews daily schedule to set up appropriate trays and instruments.
• Assumes the responsibility associated with any expanded duties that may be delegated by the dentist.
• High school diploma or GED certificate.
• Completion of accredited course in dental assisting and x-ray license.
• Current CPR.
• Completion of an accredited Infection Control continuing education course
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently as part of a team and in collaborative settings.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Registered Dental Assistant.
• Previous experience providing services in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting.
• Two years of experience in assisting dentist.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.