Armature Winder– Gary, IN (10431BR)
-This position is for an Armature Winder.
-Qualified candidates must be an experienced motor winder, with verifiable experience. Experienced at winding 250-volt DC motors, poly phase 480-volt AC motors, and single phase 220 volt.
• Must pass hands on assessment.
• Must be able to conduct field maintenance and repairs.
• 1 year of manufacturing/industrial experience or equivalent.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• The position may require rotating 8-hour shift work, which will include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, boots with metatarsal protection, and when necessary respirator equipment.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self-direction for the success of the operations.
We invite you to learn more about this position and apply at:
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.